The toys that you make from Fuzzy Mitten™ patterns are yours, and you are free to do with them whatever you like. I don't mind if you sell your creations — in fact, it's totally encouraged! There's only a couple of small caveats:
- you may not use "Fuzzy Mitten" in the name of your toy (because "Fuzzy Mitten" is a trademark). In other words, it's perfectly okay to make and sell a "Jane Bobbin's Teddy Bear" or a "Jake Bobbin's Easter Bunny," but making and selling a "Fuzzy Mitten's Teddy Bear" is not.
- on the other hand, you are welcome to mention somewhere in the description of your toy that it was "made from a Fuzzy Mitten™ original design," and I would like it very much if you do! You can also include one of these labels with your toy.
If you're making and selling toys made from Fuzzy Mitten patterns, feel free to drop me a line, so I can mention it on my blog!
Feel free to share the patterns among your friends, too! All of the following is perfectly fine with me:
- making copies for your knitting buddies
- bringing the patterns to your knitting group (and making enough copies for everyone who wants one!)
- emailing the patterns to your knitting friends
Everyone does that already, so please do not feel guilty if you have done it before. ;) Most of that falls under fair use, anyway.
However, I would ask you not to do any of the following:
- please do not put the patterns on a website where anyone can download them (unless it says otherwise in the pattern itself)
- please do not sell copies of the patterns (but if you are interested in selling them, we can easily arrange that, too!)
Basically, we ask that you treat our patterns as you would pictures of your kids. Perfectly fine to share them with your close friends, but you probably wouldn't give them out to total strangers on the street. :)